After all the craziness of Christmas has subsided, its time to stop and take a well deserved break and enjoy a little “me” time. I love to curl up in my favourite chair with a good read and a soothing, transformative lavender tea latte. Delicate floral notes lightly sweetened with raw honey warms from the inside and aromatic scents calms the senses.
Lavender Tea Latte
- Choose your favourite lavender tea blend (we like Chamomile and Lavender from Traditional Medicinals);
OR use organic culinary lavender (fresh or dried);
OR use dried stems from your garden
- Warm your preferred milk (organic, nut, coconut, etc.) in a small saucepan on stovetop
- Bring to a simmer, add tea bags and let steep for a few minutes
- Add honey, stevia or agave to sweeten
- Add a touch of foam to the top (if you have a frother)
- Sit, relax, and enjoy
On days when you’re feeling particularly decadent, sprinkle a few flakes of Fleur de Sel, adding depth and mineral complexity to your latte. For a late afternoon treat, combine with matcha tea for a bit of a caffeine boost.